Refresher: Sparkling Basil Grapefruit Lemonade
When summer time hits do you ever crave a lemonade? This recipe is my go to for an elevated lemonade. It is tart with a pinch of sweet and the bubbles create all the difference!
- 3 Grapefruits
- 2 Lemons
- Agave Nectar (2-4 tablespoons depending on how sweet you like it)
- 36oz Sparkling Water
- 5-10 Basil Leaves (roughly chopped)
- Juice the grapefruits and lemons through a strainer to catch any pulp or pits. You can use a citrus reamer or squeeze by hand! Whichever you prefer.
- Mix in your basil leaves and agave nectar. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Scoop out basil leaves or pour mixture through strainer.
- Add sparkling water and serve over ice with your favorite garnish.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Taste your fruit juice before adding agave nectar - depending on the fruit you picked it can be more tart or naturally sweet
- I like to juice the fruit in the morning and let sit until we are ready to serve and then I add the sparkling water
- Save some lemon or grapefruit and add as a garnish to your drinks
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy for later!